Nick Land muses on the danger inherent to a rapid withdrawal of narcotic known as demotism from its hopelessly dependent abuser: the Body Politic. For that delicate operation, one needs not tee-totalist preaching, but a methadone clinic.
Not many a pre-reactionary is ready to swallow the entire the pill with the sodium metal core. If he takes it, he may very well vomit it back up, leaving himself not only no closer to the cure, but with esophageal scarring to boot.
A gentler introduction is the Reactionary Methadone Clinic:
- First and foremost, foreswear politics… it is the very poison to which we were all born addicted.
- Foreswear activism… it is the occult power upon which the Cathedral’s engines run.
- Foreswear voice in all matters of not immediate objective concern to you or your family.
- Become worthy… live the best life you can for you and your family. Stop being a busybody. Be as wise as serpents, but innocent as doves.
- Love your own particularity… If you don’t have one? Find one! You’ll quickly see how toxic the Cathedral’s many potions are.
- Foreswear trying to force facts into preconceived ideological boxes—odds are that it is the boxes that are the problem. Love the truth where it may be found, whatever it may be.
- Read and listen to the Resartus when it comes.
Be inspired from the Gospel of St. Matthew:
For, amen I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you shall say to this mountain, Remove from hence hither, and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible to you. But this kind [of demon] is not cast out but by prayer and fasting.